none
Project Server: configure a custom field that get information from another custom field (part II) RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, I want to thank your for your appreciated time and consideration in your answers Mr. Reid McTaggart

I have another scenario...it is similar but in this case with two customs fields, and would like to know if possible as the previous situation.

For this case, I have two custom fields for example:

CustomField1 --> (values ​​collected from a lookup table) with these values:  A or B

CustomField2 --> (values ​​collected from a lookup table) with these valudes  C or D

As you can see both are receiving information from a lookup table and have different values.

I would like to do (if it is possible)
    Create a new custom field, for example CustomFieldResult where I can get the values ​​of the fields that I fill for each project in the following format:

CustomFieldResult -->   where each project has a value in this field consolidated like:

A
       B
       B
       C
       D
       A

Is it possible to merge all the information in this custom field in order to see in custom view in a project center view?

Thank you again for your time and responses.

Best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:10 AM

All replies

• Any idea?

Pedrof.-

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 5:15 PM
  • Pedro --

What I do not understand is how you want to view the result in the third field.  If you want a simple string, you can use a formula like the following in the third field:

[CustomField1] & " " & [CustomField2]

Otherwise, you will need to give us more information about what you want to see and how you want to see it.  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 5:38 PM
  • as Dale suggested you can certainly get the results together displayed in a calculated custom field. you can even display a formula that says "if A is selected display "this value""

Is there anything you need to accomplish?

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 7:31 AM
  • I will try on friday...because I am not at the customer office...I will let you know.

thanks in advance to everyone!

Cheers,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:03 PM