Windows 7 Admin Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Im using a Windows 7 Professional machine, I created a admin account but it still wants another admin account, the windows 7 machine is on a server however the account im using has full privalages. is there a quick fix for this problem?

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:26 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I have also seen this issue. The "new" admin account that you create during Windows setup does not appear to have the ability to elevate itself for some functions. When the UAC appears the details of the new admin account were entered and the message appeared requesting an Account to Elevate to.

At this point I enabled the Administrator account (the primary builtin account) and set a password.

When the UAC appeared i entered the Administrator credentials and the Elevation worked as required

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:25 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:11 PM

All replies

• Please be more specific.

When did you create the first administrator account? During Windows 7 installation, when prompted? And when you say "it wants another admin account", to what entity is "it" referring? Windows 7? At what point? Please expound upon the steps that you are taking.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:27 PM
  • Hello,

I have also seen this issue. The "new" admin account that you create during Windows setup does not appear to have the ability to elevate itself for some functions. When the UAC appears the details of the new admin account were entered and the message appeared requesting an Account to Elevate to.

At this point I enabled the Administrator account (the primary builtin account) and set a password.

When the UAC appeared i entered the Administrator credentials and the Elevation worked as required

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:25 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:11 PM