'No signal' after windows loads RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I turn on my computer, it boots and I see the loading bar.  When the loading bar disappears, the screen says 'no signal' then goes black.  With my speakers on, I can still hear windows log in with the music.  But for some reason I lose my signal.  I tried reinstalling windows and that didn't help.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Given the current stage, let’s confirm the following points:

1.Can you view the computer manufacturer information when booting the computer? Such as BIOS version, manufacturer log or upgrade data.

2.Can you view the BIOS menu?

How to load BIOS setting menu

======================================

1.Restart the computer.

2.Start tapping the F2 key when booting. (If F2 is unavailable, please check your computer manual to get steps to log on BIOS setting menu.)

Does the display issue occur on the BIOS setting menu?

3.Can you log on the Windows Vista in Save Mode?

Run Windows Vista Safe Mode

================================

1.Detach all unnecessary peripheral devices from your computer, such as printers, scanners and removable storage devices.

2.Restart the computer.

3.Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

4.Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.

4. You mentioned you did a reinstalling Windows Vista. Please let me know whether it is a clean installation.

If we narrow down the issue is a hardware problem, you may involve your computer manufacture to resolve the problem.

Thanks.

Friday, August 1, 2008 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while we will be changing the issue type to “Comment”.

If you wish to return to this question you can go ahead and change the type back to ‘Question’. Then you can edit your initial post and change the radio button at the top of the post editor window.

If the issue has been resolved, we’d love to hear your solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Monday, August 4, 2008 10:16 AM