How to upgrade Softgrid 4.2 sequences to App-V 4.6 SP1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently my company decided to upgrade to SCCM 2007 R3, and we're planning to make use of the App-V component, so we can retire our Softgrid server. I'm in the process of upgrading the existing virtualized applications which were sequenced with Softgrid sequencer 4.2, but have run into a snag. I'm using the App-V 4.6 SP1 sequencer, and it kinda works but not properly. The shortcuts are missing from the start menu and desktop when I go to launch in Win7, until I manually re-create them through the App-V client. Once the shortcuts are created again, the app launches successfully.  Everything work previously in WinXP, but after the upgrade it doesn't. Obviously the settings weren't left intact. My question is, what is the correct process of upgrading a Softgrid 4.2 sequence to an App-V 4.6 SP1 sequence?  Can someone please help me out?

The main reason for me to upgrade is to remove the OS restrictions and rename the sequences so they following our naming standards.  Previously we hired a third party vendor to create our sequences and they didn't follow any naming standards, so unfortunately I need to do the clean-up.

Thanks,

KD

Monday, July 25, 2011 7:30 PM

Answers