WSUS infra design -- Need help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -- Need help -- I am currently trying to provide a design to deploy patches thru WSUS only for the server infra,  

1. 1. The first data center has 2000 servers 
    2. 2. the second has a count of 500 servers 
    3. 3. third has a count of 500 servers  

and there are 10 + remote location with good bandwidth 

Here is the solution I think about please help me if I am right or I need any modification

• Data center 1 with a <g class="gr_ gr_22 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="22" id="22">wsus</g> upstream server and SQL standard installed on a separate server (not opting WID or SQL server) / Configured to Express Installation Files for <g class="gr_ gr_21 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="21" id="21">performancences</g>.
    • Data center 2 with a WSUS downstream server with SQL standard installed on a server server
    • Dara center 3 with a WSUS downstream server with SQL standard installed on a server server
    • All other remote locations configure with WSUS downstream server with WID as the numbers are not high

Here are my questions?

Do I need WSUS cluster or this would suffix?

Do I need SQL server installed on a separate server or can I opt the same server (I mean the WSUS server)

Do I need SQL on both the data center or WID would suffix

Please correct me if I am wrong with the design

Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:31 PM

All replies