Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I tried to instal Visa Home Premium and couldn't get it to recognize the disk. When I looked at device manager, I had these errors:

! scsivax dvd/cd-rom scs1 cd rom device

! hl-dt-st dvdram gsa-4040b

! hl-dt-st cd-rw gce-8525b

I followed the add hardware wizard and kept going around in circles. The message being:

Here is the current status of the hardware you selected

- a driver(service) for this device has been diabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality(code 32)

Once again I followed the troubleshooter around in circles, tried disabling and enabling with no success.

As far as I know now they are all disabled.

Does anyone have any advice

These are both LG drives

Thanks

Sunday, January 6, 2008 9:56 PM

Answers

•  

Hi maxjaytar,

Thank you for the post.

Before going further, please help confirm the following two points:

1.    When did the issue begin to occur? Did the DVD/CD drives ever work on Windows Vista?

2.    Can we use it to read data disks or play music?

Based on the current situation, I suggest trying the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1 If you have any third-party CD/DVD-burning software such as Naro or Roxio installed, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Method 2 Delete Filter Drivers

======================

1. Click Start, type regedit and press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

Method 3 Reinstall the DVD Burner

======================

1.    Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

2.    Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

3.    Right-click the DVD/CD drives and click Uninstall.

4.    Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:14 AM