wsus server install kb3095113 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i'm running a windows 2012 wsus server. I wanted to install kb3095113 but i'm receiving the following error: "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8000FFFF: Update for Windows (KB3095113)."

Searching the net I found the update offline install --> same issue.

anyone received the same error?

Friday, March 18, 2016 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi DavidPap,

There's no issue in my lab of installing the KB on 2012 WSUS server:

Does your WSUS server install correctly?

You may also post the windows update log for troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:16 AM

All replies

• I'm also seeing the same error and have tried both an automated install, and the download to allow me to perform the update online. Both fail with error 0x8000FFFF.

Note: My install was on Server 2012 (not R2) and has the original KB3095113 hotfix installed.

Friday, March 18, 2016 2:40 PM
  • Hi Pepijin,

Could Andy's reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer.

If you still have issues, then check "installed updates", see if you have installed the KB, and check if you could see "Upgrades" in WSUS "Classifications".

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Same problem here, today.

KB is not installed but it fails both from Windows Update and offline install.

According to this http://blogs.technet.com/b/wsus/archive/2015/12/04/important-update-for-wsus-4-0-kb-3095113.aspx we have to installa it before enabling the Upgrades in Wsus.

David

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:45 AM
  • Tried on four different Windows 2012 Wsus server, in a Wsus hierarchy
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:54 AM
  • Hi DavidPap,

There's no issue in my lab of installing the KB on 2012 WSUS server:

Does your WSUS server install correctly?

You may also post the windows update log for troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Hi DavidPap,

Do you get any progress with the issue?

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:06 AM
  • I eventually uninstalled the original update, then installed the new version and everything seemed to work fine doing so.

Andy

Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:49 AM