B2X is horrible RRS feed

• Question

• Just had a Lumia phone in need of physical service for a bad display. Spent an hour crawling around Microsoft's site looking for support, only to be redirected abruptly to a third party (B2X). The site and interaction looks suspiciously shady and was reluctant to use them.

Finally decided to "try" it. First, the device was listed as out of warranty. Being 3 days old, that should not be the case. B2X did provide a method to update the warranty status. I filled out the form and submitted the PO. This failed and forced a chat with a representative.

I had to wait 20 minutes for a rep to join the chat.

The rep then asked for all of the same details again. Infuriating by this point.

Rep finally got the information "submitted into their system" and said it would take 2-3 days to update. Seriously?!

Waited the 2-3 days and chatted again for an update. The rep said "still processing".

Waited 2 more days and chatted again for an update. The rep said "I don't see a work order, let me create one." What?!

So, it has taken a full week to just a work order in. I can only dread what else is coming...

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:37 PM

All replies

• I'm guessing that you are not good with physical electronics repair or have never done it before. With this in hand what I would say is the best thing to do if its not a device still in warranty, you should just go to eBay and buy a LCD/screen for the phone and get a couple of tear down videos off of YouTube and you should be able to do it without much problems. It will save you time and money
    Friday, January 20, 2017 2:03 AM