none
Not Able to deactivate Users on msproject 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team

I recall in Ms project 2010 i was able bulk deactivate users .

Steps to Replicate :

Navigate to resource Center on PWA .

Select the required users

click on edit in MS project

Once the resources are checked out . Add column Inactive and select yes in the dropdown . Save and check in the users

however these columns are read only on 2013

tanveer

Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:32 PM

Answers

• tanveer.attar --

Yes, the functionality changed from the 2010 version to all subsequent versions.  You will now need to use the Manage Users page if you want to deactivate users in bulk.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by tanveer.attar Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:48 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:39 PM

All replies

• tanveer.attar --

I am using Project Online rather than Project Server 2013, but I know the two software applications are similar.  I can confirm that both the Active and Inactive columns are Read-Only for checked out resources in Microsoft Project Professional.  However, when I navigate to the Manage Users page in PWA, I can select multiple users and then click the Deactivate Users button.  Do you see that option on the Manage Users page in PWA for Project Server 2013?  If so, that is how to bulk deactivate users.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:40 PM
  • Hi Howard

thank you for the reply .

Yes i am aware of manage user option. I just found this today and was curious to know is this a functionality change ?

Yes i can do this via manage users .. just wanted to know if this is a version limitation or something

tanveer

Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:15 PM
  • tanveer.attar --

Yes, the functionality changed from the 2010 version to all subsequent versions.  You will now need to use the Manage Users page if you want to deactivate users in bulk.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by tanveer.attar Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:48 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:39 PM
  • thank you soo much :)

tanveer

Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:48 PM