Active Directory Domain is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Dear everyone,

I made a format to my Toshiba laptop and I reinstalled the Vista and Office 2007. I also installed a net and a local printer. Everything was perfect until I went to check from a word file the option find printer. The message I got it was"The Active Directory Domain Services is unavailable". The printers are installed correct because I can print. The only application that does not work is this Active Directory. I red how can I get it back to work from the administative tools but there I canot find it. Can anyone tell me how can I bging it back to work?

Thank you for your time.

Christos.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Christos,

Thanks for your post!

MS Word will not work at all if the network printer is setup as the default instead of adding by the administrator.

Please try adding the printer this way:

Go to Control Panel > Printers > Run As Administrator > Add Printer. If this does not work, you add with a detailed information.

1. Go to "Network"
    2. Click "Add a Printer"
    3. Click "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer"
    4. If your desired printer doesn't appear, click "The printer that I
    want isn't listed"
    5. Click "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname"
    6. Key in the Hostname or IP address (I key in the IP add)
    7. Click next
    8. Select your printer driver or "have disk option"

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 27, 2010 8:18 AM