Word Save and Save As won't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a issue with saving files on smb share.

When I open Word document which is residing on external location, and work with it, it won't open me Save As option, and also when I click Save, no save is made.

When I copy this file to local, I'm able to save. 

One note, which is important, this folder is restored previously with windows restore. 

Basically, with other files which reside in different folder, I'm able to save, but this one, I'm not. 

Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It looks the issue is more likely with this specific folder, not the Word application. Is it possible to recreate this specific folder? Move all files to another folder, recreate the folder, and then move files back.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by DzoITAdmin Friday, July 13, 2018 9:51 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks the issue is more likely with this specific folder, not the Word application. Is it possible to recreate this specific folder? Move all files to another folder, recreate the folder, and then move files back.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by DzoITAdmin Friday, July 13, 2018 9:51 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Yes, It seems to work. 

Thank you very much !!!

Friday, July 13, 2018 9:51 AM
  • You're welcome :-)

Cheers,

Steve Fan

Friday, July 13, 2018 9:53 AM