how to recover my laptop account RRS feed

• Question

• My Microsoft account laptop is locked, my hotmail working normally.I changed passwords, nothing changed on my Microsoft account. (Laptop HP 2000 Win 10}, my kid accessed on netplwiz - ->user account->->adv -->adv--> lusrmgr --> adv properties....then disabled account......everything stopped working but the screen shows up my account name. When I logon it said " passwords is incorrect...... contact Ur Ad network

! ! ! help plz

Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:58 AM

Answers

• Hi vuongtri08,

Boot from a Windows 10 installation media, choose "Repair my computer", "Troubleshoot", "Advanced", "Command prompt". Then run "net user administrator /active:yes".
    Login with the built-in administrator account. You could enable the previous account within this account(netplwiz - ->user account->->adv -->adv--> lusrmgr --> adv properties).

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:18 AM

All replies

• You'll probably need to format if you dont have any other account.

;;

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Monday, August 29, 2016 2:21 AM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:48 AM
  • If your kids indeed made the complete journey netplwiz - ->user account->->adv -->adv--> lusrmgr --> adv properties then they surely know how to fix this.

Otherwise, there's a myriad of boot images on the internet that can help you handle non-working user accounts. Google it or ask your kids ... :)

Best regards, George

Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:41 PM
  • If my kid would know how to recover the laptop or someone on GOOGLE could help me. So what's your duty on this forum.......
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Hi vuongtri08,

Boot from a Windows 10 installation media, choose "Repair my computer", "Troubleshoot", "Advanced", "Command prompt". Then run "net user administrator /active:yes".
    Login with the built-in administrator account. You could enable the previous account within this account(netplwiz - ->user account->->adv -->adv--> lusrmgr --> adv properties).

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:18 AM
  • To help you know who/what/how to ask of course.

Best regards, George

Friday, August 26, 2016 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:27 AM