none
run administrative cmd under standard user profile

Question

• Hi how to run administrative cmd under logged in standard user profile.

Let say I want to run gpresult -r for seeing computer's gpo

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:36 AM

Answers

• here is the right answer:

runas /user:domain\user_name "cmd /k gpresult -r"

arnavsharma's answer not works. As it is the same as running gpresult -r when logged in as Administrator but running regular CMD (not as admin). Computer Configuration not shows up.

Elaine's tip didn't work for me (may be because I access user machine by RDP)

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Marked as answer by pob579 Saturday, February 07, 2015 3:25 PM
    Thursday, February 05, 2015 3:49 PM

All replies

• right click on cmd.exe, run as admin, then type the command you want to run. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:37 AM
  • Hi,

You can also try follow steps to open the cmd with the administrator accout.

>>Click Start

>>In the Start Search box, type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

>>There's a confirmation dialog box popped up, continue to move ahead.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elaine JingModerator Thursday, February 05, 2015 7:49 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by pob579 Saturday, February 07, 2015 3:25 PM
    Thursday, February 05, 2015 7:37 AM
  • here is the right answer:

runas /user:domain\user_name "cmd /k gpresult -r"

arnavsharma's answer not works. As it is the same as running gpresult -r when logged in as Administrator but running regular CMD (not as admin). Computer Configuration not shows up.

Elaine's tip didn't work for me (may be because I access user machine by RDP)

• Marked as answer by pob579 Saturday, February 07, 2015 3:25 PM
    Thursday, February 05, 2015 3:49 PM