none
Screan Saver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone , i have a 2 dudes ,,,,

The computer where i install  steadystate is a little terminal 24/365 , and is necesary put images in rotation mode for the screan wasnt breaked.

But , in the restricted user , i tried to active the screan saver but is disabled in display options (was all , but screansaver not ..)

How i can actived it?

Is necesary create a partation specific for  disk protection? ( In Shared computer kit yes..) but in the documentation i dont see nothing about it , becouse when i tried to create the temporal image this display and error ( display .. i cant create the temporal file ) and dont say nothing much.

Realy 

Thanks in advantage

Frank

Thursday, July 5, 2007 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

screen saver:

----------

You mentioned that "But , in the restricted user , i tried to active the screan saver but is disabled in display options (was all , but screansaver not ..) " I am not quite sure I get what you meant. So I assume you are indicating that the screen saver disappears in the display properties windows(right click desktop->properties).

If so, it can be related to the option “log off when ___ minutes idleis set in [SteadyState->User Setting->Certain User Profile]. The “Log off when _minutes idle” option is implemented via the “ForceLogoff” screen saver so when this option is checked the screen saver customization is blocked. Please check whether you have enabled this option. If so, please unselect it to see if the problem is resolved..

Meanwhile, if you configure the [Windows Restriction->Start Menu Restrictions->Remove Control Panel icon] option the screen saver tab will also be disabled.

windows disk protection:

--------

You mentioned that “Cu mentioned " becouse when i tried to create the temporal image this display and error ( display .. i cant create the temporal file ) and dont say nothing much." I am still not quite sure I got the whole picture. I assume you fail to create a temporary image file somewhere. In SteadyState, there are some settings related to this in SteadyState:

1.       user profile->windows restrictions->General Restriction->prevent users from saving files to desktop

2.       Set Computer Restrictions->Security Settings->Prevent users from creating folders and files on driver c:\(system partition)

3.       Set Computer Restrictions->Security Settings->Prevent write access to USB storage…

Please check above restrictions to see whether this is the case. If the problem continues, please collect the following information so that I can have a better idea as to the exact issue:

1.       Could you please describe the exact steps that you performed?

2.       What is the exact error message? Please let us know the error WORD BY WORD.

3.       Where did you tried to create the temporary image, desktop or the C: drive?

Sincerely,

Sammy Yu

Friday, July 6, 2007 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

To change your screen saver settings on the restricted user account, temporarily unlock the user profile and grant it administrative rights. From there, you can make your necessary changes. Whenever I configure a profile that will eventually be locked, I grant admin permissions until I have finished getting it set up to my liking. I hope this helps...

Friday, July 6, 2007 3:19 AM
  • Hi,

screen saver:

----------

You mentioned that "But , in the restricted user , i tried to active the screan saver but is disabled in display options (was all , but screansaver not ..) " I am not quite sure I get what you meant. So I assume you are indicating that the screen saver disappears in the display properties windows(right click desktop->properties).

If so, it can be related to the option “log off when ___ minutes idleis set in [SteadyState->User Setting->Certain User Profile]. The “Log off when _minutes idle” option is implemented via the “ForceLogoff” screen saver so when this option is checked the screen saver customization is blocked. Please check whether you have enabled this option. If so, please unselect it to see if the problem is resolved..

Meanwhile, if you configure the [Windows Restriction->Start Menu Restrictions->Remove Control Panel icon] option the screen saver tab will also be disabled.

windows disk protection:

--------

You mentioned that “Cu mentioned " becouse when i tried to create the temporal image this display and error ( display .. i cant create the temporal file ) and dont say nothing much." I am still not quite sure I got the whole picture. I assume you fail to create a temporary image file somewhere. In SteadyState, there are some settings related to this in SteadyState:

1.       user profile->windows restrictions->General Restriction->prevent users from saving files to desktop

2.       Set Computer Restrictions->Security Settings->Prevent users from creating folders and files on driver c:\(system partition)

3.       Set Computer Restrictions->Security Settings->Prevent write access to USB storage…

Please check above restrictions to see whether this is the case. If the problem continues, please collect the following information so that I can have a better idea as to the exact issue:

1.       Could you please describe the exact steps that you performed?

2.       What is the exact error message? Please let us know the error WORD BY WORD.

3.       Where did you tried to create the temporary image, desktop or the C: drive?

Sincerely,

Sammy Yu

Friday, July 6, 2007 9:49 AM