none
Tasks still start at 0800hrs when enterprise standard working calendar has just been updated to 0900hrs start RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have tasks starting at 8 am in a plan.  The standard calendar has just been updated for work to start at 9 am, why do my tasks still start at 8?  I have tested this on new tasks too that don't have resources assigned and there are no task calendars set.

any ideas?

Steve

Friday, March 6, 2015 4:27 PM

Answers

• Steve --

OK, no we are getting somewhere.  Do any of the existing tasks that still start at 8:00 AM have the following attributes:

• They have a Start No Earlier Than constraint.
    • They are Manually Scheduled.

Either of these could force the 8:00 AM start time.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 6, 2015 8:10 PM

All replies

• Steve -

This is probably because the Start date of your project includes 8:00 AM as the Start time.  Click Project > Project Information and add 9:00 AM to the Start date and then click OK.  Does this solve the problem?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 6, 2015 6:12 PM
  • Hi Dale, thanks for the reply, I have made that change and it doesn't solve the problem.

Steve

Friday, March 6, 2015 6:35 PM
  • Hi Dale, actually when I create a NEW task and try your suggestion it does make the change from 8AM to 9AM and back again if I Undo.  But it makes no difference to existing tasks?

Steve

Friday, March 6, 2015 6:41 PM
  • Steve --

OK, no we are getting somewhere.  Do any of the existing tasks that still start at 8:00 AM have the following attributes:

• They have a Start No Earlier Than constraint.
    • They are Manually Scheduled.

Either of these could force the 8:00 AM start time.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 6, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Hi Dale the particular one in question has a SNET constraint on it. It is not manually scheduled.  Does that sched any light on it?

rgds

Steve

Friday, March 6, 2015 10:10 PM
  • Yep. all constraint dates include the time. Best practice is to have as few constraints as possible.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, March 9, 2015 2:17 AM