How to Install MOSS 2007 and SQL server 2005 Database on Same Server Installation Steps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can some one walk me through step by step installation for MOSS 2007 and SQL Server 2005 DB on same machine.Single server farm.

Correct me if i am wrong :

1) Install SQL Server 2005

2) Install ,NET ,IIS,ASP.NET setup

3) Run configuration wizard for SharePoint 2007

4) Select Advanced option for Installation since database is already installed.

Please advise..Thanks..

• Moved by Clayton Cobb Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:02 AM 2007 question (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Monday, May 16, 2011 11:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is not the forum for MOSS 2007, it's for SP2010.

Here is a link to the step by step http://blog.laksha.net/2009/03/windows-server-2008-and-sharepoint-2007.html

Alpesh Nakar's Blog Alpesh Just SharePoint Just SharePoint Updates

Online SharePoint Saturday India June 25 2011 Contributing Author SharePoint 2010 Unleashed

MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Configuration MCITP: SharePoint 2010 Administrator

• Proposed as answer by Clayton Cobb Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kisha_sp Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:13 AM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 11:37 PM
    • You didn't list the installation of SharePoint in your steps - that is obviously very critical and must be done before you can run the configuration wizard.
    • Please post threads in the proper forum.  2010 forums have 2010 in their name.  Pre-2010 forums have Pre-2010 in their name.  I will move it now.
    • If Alpesh answered your question, then acknowledge it and mark his answer.  Do not skim over his reply and then post an entirely new, unrelated question.  That is very rude and lacks any sort of forum etiquette.  People are spending their free time helping you, and you dismissed it as if it was nothing.  I have deleted this egregious error and am now warning you not to do it again in the future.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Hi Clayton ,

I started posting recently,i do not know much so i am not sure what made you so angry.I am sorry if i hurt anyones feelings.I am looking for answer for SP 2007 Version and i did not find the link.I respect and thats the only reason i thought that it would be good to ask Alpesh as he knows solution.

To mark it as Answer : i would mark it as answer  now onwards..

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:31 AM
  • It's ok to be new, but this is just common etiquette for any online forum.  Please recognize that these are public forums where people spend their free time helping you.

Did Alpesh answer your question, or is your first question still not answered?  If Alpesh gave you the information you need, then please mark his answer.  Then, always ask NEW questions in a new thread.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:48 AM
  • Will keep that in mind...

Can you please answer if you get chance for the threads you moved to PRE 2010 .I am actively looking for answer to create user on local machine.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:15 AM