Incident Attachment Size Limit with Respect to E-mail Incident Support RRS feed

• Question

• my environment: SCSM 2010 R2 CU3. SM and DW on separate 2008 R2 VMs.

I have configured e-mail incident support and it is working great. Emails come in and incidents are created automatically according to the workflow and template I have created.

Recently, an email came in to the helpdesk from a user with an attachment that was larger than the incident attachment size limit I had previously set (the attachment was 4 MB my limit was 2MB). Our email system has a larger limit for attachments (10MB). No incident was created assumedly due to the attachment size restriction. I then raised the incident attachment limit to 10 MB and sent the email again. Still no incident. I wanted to try to raise the limit even further in case the .eml attachment that is created within the incident is somehow bigger than 10 MB but SCSM won't let me raise the attachment limit above 10MB. Is that a hard upper limit or something?

What other limiting factor is present in the e-mail incident support procees that could be causing this inbound incident to be ozoned? I have tried other emails with different sized attachements. The largest attachement I can send and still have an incident created is about 1.2 MB.

There are no errrors present in the Operations Manager log on the SM server when these emails are ozoned. The SM server is the same server where I have configured IIS 6 and the smtp service for the e-mail incident support process.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:35 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. I had to bump up the message size limit in IIS on the new SMTP virtual server.
    • Marked as answer by wolverangel Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:52 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:52 PM