none
USB Boot Media and Cs.ini RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am creating a USB boot Media for one of our sites so that they can image their laptops offline

they have different Customsettings.ini from what we have at our main office.

in order to apply the settings I right click Media001 and change the Cs.ini from default to what is should be and then update the medai001.

the problem is that the settings don't seem to be applied when I image a computer using USB.

any Idea?

I use MDT2013 update 1

Thanks

Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:32 PM

Answers

• I would first check that the media contains the correct CS.ini info.  I have had instances where certain updates do not get copied down to the media.  if that is the ONLY thing that is not copying over correctly,  I would manually copy the cs.ini settings from the deployment workbench and paste them into the cs.ini in your media. 

If the info did copy, make certain there are no syntax errors (for example: forgetting an opening or closing bracket around a section name)

• Marked as answer by Saeidans Friday, December 16, 2016 4:54 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:01 PM

All replies

• I would first check that the media contains the correct CS.ini info.  I have had instances where certain updates do not get copied down to the media.  if that is the ONLY thing that is not copying over correctly,  I would manually copy the cs.ini settings from the deployment workbench and paste them into the cs.ini in your media. 

If the info did copy, make certain there are no syntax errors (for example: forgetting an opening or closing bracket around a section name)

• Marked as answer by Saeidans Friday, December 16, 2016 4:54 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:01 PM
  • belie it or not, I found the issue right after I posted this question and yes the problem was a typo in my CS.ini

thanks for prompt response.

Friday, December 16, 2016 4:54 PM