locked
Remove Dial Plan Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I'm trying to remove a dial plan in Exchange 2013, but it keeps telling me that "This dial plan is associated with server SERVER_NAME."  I've tried removing it thru EAC and powershell using remove-umdialplan, but both of them fail stating that it's associated with one of my servers.

    I ran get-umcallroutersettings on both of my Exchange 2013 UM servers  and the DialPlan parameter is set to null on both.  

    Is there another spot in the EAC that ties the server to the dial plan?  

    Thank you,

    Zach

    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:11 PM

Answers

  • For anyone else that runs into this issue when trying to remove a dial plan in Exchange 2013, you have to run the following Exchange powershell command to remove the UM server from the dial plan:

    set-umservice -id your_server_name -dialplans $null

    In my case, I have two UM servers, so I ran it for each one and then I was able to delete it.

    Would be nice to have this option in EAC as well under Servers, add a link at the top called Unified Messaging.  OR, if you're gonna show that error, add text telling you to use set-umservice.

    • Marked as answer by Sparkline Tuesday, December 4, 2012 11:24 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:57 PM

All replies

  • For anyone else that runs into this issue when trying to remove a dial plan in Exchange 2013, you have to run the following Exchange powershell command to remove the UM server from the dial plan:

    set-umservice -id your_server_name -dialplans $null

    In my case, I have two UM servers, so I ran it for each one and then I was able to delete it.

    Would be nice to have this option in EAC as well under Servers, add a link at the top called Unified Messaging.  OR, if you're gonna show that error, add text telling you to use set-umservice.

    • Marked as answer by Sparkline Tuesday, December 4, 2012 11:24 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:57 PM
  • Thank You For share 

    SE.Mohammed

    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:04 AM
  • Thanks for the tip - it was bang on! My experience was a bit different, as my error was:

    "error this dial plan is associated with server SERVER_NAME\UMCallRouterSettings" and sure enough, running Get-UMCallRouterSettings turned up the last trace of the dial plan.

    Running the following command cleared it out:

    Set-UMCallRouterSettings -id your_server_name -dialplans $null

    Thanks again!

    Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:20 AM
  • Had both problem and the commands looked a little difrent for me (Exc2013 CU3).

    Had to do both below and problem solved.
    Set-UMCallRouterSettings -dialplans $null -Server SERVERNAME
    Set-UMService -id SERVERNAME -dialplans $null

    

    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:50 AM