Test-* fail? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange environment setup with the following characteristics:
    CCR Clustered Exchange 2007 Mailbox server (2 physical servers - servers are Windows Server 2008 SP2 Enterprise Edition)

2x NLB Client Access Servers (2 VM server - Windows Server 2008 SP2 Standard Edition)

2x NLB HUB Servers (2 VM server - Windows Server 2008 SP2 Standard Edition)

I have been trying to get synthetic transactions working to no avail in OpsMgr.

Unable to obtain Test-OwaConnectivity result - The test mailbox was not initialized. Run new-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1 to ensure that the test mailbox is created. Then run Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity ResetTestAccountCredentials under a system account to store this user's credentials for use in testing the Client Access services. More information: Mailbox Server:ccsmbx10.###### [Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.CasHealthUserNotFoundException]: UserPrincipalName: CAS_baa201b4ea4540dc@####is not found in Active Directory. Additional error information: [System.Security.SecurityException]: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

I check the CAS_ account it appears to there I can manually logon to CAS with the cmdlet Test-OwaConnectivity only if –mailboxCrenditial switch is set.

The KB article found appear to state that this issue was resolved in previous roll-ups and shouldn’t still be a problem with sp2 of exchange 2007? Any incite would be appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:51 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the post, it would appear that a configuration omission by our Exchange admin was the culprit. She felt that setting the externalURL on the CAS configurations wasn't necessary because an F5 virtual app was fronting traffic for those services. After updating the externalURL information the transaction states changed to positive and starting inserting performance information into the data warehouse.

Mark
    • Marked as answer by MarkB581 Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:31 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:31 PM
  • Dan

The MP version I am using is 6.0.6702.0 and to set the external url you could use the following example;

set-owavirtualdirectory “con01\owa (Default Web Site)" -externalurl:https://webmail.blahblah.com/owa

Mark
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hey Mark
    Are you using R2 and if so are you using the R2 specific Exhcange mp?

Paul Keely
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Yes Paul I am using the Exchange 2007 MP ver. 6.0.6702.0

Mark
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:33 PM
  • Sorry for the post, it would appear that a configuration omission by our Exchange admin was the culprit. She felt that setting the externalURL on the CAS configurations wasn't necessary because an F5 virtual app was fronting traffic for those services. After updating the externalURL information the transaction states changed to positive and starting inserting performance information into the data warehouse.

Mark
    • Marked as answer by MarkB581 Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:31 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:31 PM
  • Hello,

I am having the same problem. The SCOM Connectivity tests fail because first there was no such user. Now after creating the user with new-testCasConnectivityUser.ps1, I can see the user and mailbox, but now get the error "the test mailbox was not initialized".

E2k7 CAS server is SP1 with plans for SP2 soon.

How did you update the externalURL information?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Also, I do not believe we are using the current Exchange 2007 MP SP1.

Thursday, December 3, 2009 5:35 PM
  • Dan

The MP version I am using is 6.0.6702.0 and to set the external url you could use the following example;

set-owavirtualdirectory “con01\owa (Default Web Site)" -externalurl:https://webmail.blahblah.com/owa

Mark
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:43 PM