none
MAP 7.0, Application summary RRS feed

• Question

• application summary (inventory) show 5 projects. how can i find the computername for this 5 machines?

Chris

Friday, December 7, 2012 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hello Chris

Once you have inventoried your network, you can expand the tree for ‘Data Collection’-> Application Summary. At the top in the Preview plane there is a ‘Group by:’ switch this to Product Name and look for the Microsoft Project version you currently have installed on these computers.

If you want to export this to an CSV you will need to follow the steps found on this thread, ‘How to get a list of applications discovered out of MAP’ i can post the link yet as my account it to new but search this and is will be pinned onder the MAP fourms.<//span> 

You will need SQL Express 2012 and Excel 2010 to perform this task

Hope this answers your question.

Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:25 PM
  • You can export the raw application data into Excel using the directions in this blog post and then use pivot tables to group and sort as desired.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:57 PM
  • Hello Michael,

I have download MAP 8.0 and now I can't find machines and applications. Data Colletion -> application Summary. Do you mean the excel sheet. I my Excel Sheet there is no machines and applications?

Chris

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:28 PM
  • As you noticed, MAP 8 is a dramatic shift in the MAP UI and Database schema. Although this transition will initially be painful for some, in the long term it will provide a more flexible and stable product that is easier to add features to and eventually we hope to make it customizable by the user (useful for vendors that use MAP as part of their customer engagement).

The application summary is no longer a view in the UI and is only in the Windows Environment Report. You can still export the detailed list of applications installed by machine following the directions in the blog post, but in MAP 8 the view you need to select is called InstalledProductsView.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:31 PM