Changing the temp location of a network profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a company that uses network profiles, All PC's are windows 7 and awe are running a virtual SBS2008 Server,

We have a software that writes to the accounts default temp folder (\\redirectedfolders\user\*Username*\appdata\local\temp) 

This needs to be a local drive that it is writing to due to this being a java based program and it is unable to write to a network for security purposes, If it is possible i would prefer to do this through a GPO and push it company wide,

If not i will do it manually,

Thank you for everyones help in advance

Best Regards,

Gavin Doris

Help Those Who Help You And Mark Helpful Posts And Answers

Friday, April 11, 2014 9:43 AM

Answers

• The temp directory is usually set up using windows environment variables.
    To manually update go to the properties of My Computer > Advanced System Settings > Click on Environment Variables > Edit the TEMP there in both User/System.
    Alternatively, you could merge a registry key using group policy: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
    Or batch file using PSTOOLS: EG; psexec.exe @file cmd /C SETX PATH "%TEMP%;C:\Temp"
    • Marked as answer by Gavin Doris Monday, April 14, 2014 7:42 AM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 12:45 AM

All replies

• The temp directory is usually set up using windows environment variables.
    To manually update go to the properties of My Computer > Advanced System Settings > Click on Environment Variables > Edit the TEMP there in both User/System.
    Alternatively, you could merge a registry key using group policy: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
    Or batch file using PSTOOLS: EG; psexec.exe @file cmd /C SETX PATH "%TEMP%;C:\Temp"
    • Marked as answer by Gavin Doris Monday, April 14, 2014 7:42 AM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 12:45 AM
  • Just checked that and its perfect,

Thank you for your help.

Help Those Who Help You And Mark Helpful Posts And Answers

Monday, April 14, 2014 7:43 AM