none
MIM affecting the looks with theme or CSS RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change the looks and feel of the MIM Portal. I am able to choose a different theme in the Site Theme-settings (Microsoft Identity Management -> Site Settings -> Site Theme), but it is not affecting the site itself, only the Site Settings.

It says on the Site Theme-site:

"Use this page to change the fonts and color scheme for your site. You can select a theme or you can upload new themes to the Theme Gallery. Applying a theme does not affect your site's layout, and will not change any pages that have been individually themed."  

So how can I affect the actual portal layout? I have made some changes using CSS and JavaScript, but I am concerned that they will be overwritten in future updates.

Any help is appreciated.

• Edited by mjs91 Friday, March 10, 2017 12:47 PM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I never done this on my own, but do your create a theme from scratch or did you modify the orginial MIM theme:

I only know this little docs on how to change the theme:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee534913(v=ws.10).aspx

Down below on that doc you find some important points on modify CSS for FIM portal, maybe that helps.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Saturday, March 11, 2017 10:14 AM
  • I have also run into this issue.. It definitely changes the root of the MIM Portal when you do a site theme change, but not the Portal itself. 

I found that all the themes listed under Site themes and in the themes library are .thmx files

that can be found here

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\GLOBAL\Lists\themes

FIM theme is not in that list. 

This is not the case in sharepoint 2010, only 2013. 

I dont know if this has anything to do with it when I try to open a thmx file, it doesnt open or is compiled. 

just what I found so far.. I will let yall know if I find any work around

I found this resource

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj927173.aspx

on creating custom themes in SP 2013, tho I do not know if they will align with MIM portal, I am hoping if I can align Sharepoint with a 2010 theme it will work and change.. 

Russell Lema

• Edited by Russ Lema Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:44 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:35 PM
  • Hi. Thanks for the response.

I also found out that they are .thmx-files, and I found a program called Theme Builder which lets you create new thmx-files. However, I cannot seem to use these files in the portal.

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:30 AM
  • I even tried to use the theme files I wanted and reconfigured the theme.css and FIM.INF but it didnt change the look or feel of the portal... 

Very frustrating. 

Russell Lema

Friday, March 17, 2017 2:18 PM