App-V 4.5 does not capture extensions RRS feed

• Question

• While sequencing Quicktime app we faced issue. We are not able to capture extensions in App-V package.Those are more than 100 extensions and manually it is not easy to set them in the package. Is there any way/Trick, so that at the time of sequencing, we can capture extension?

Please guide,

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:09 PM

Answers

• How are you sequencing QuickTime? During sequencing you'll need to run the Control Panel applet and set FTAs there: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/sequencing-apple-quicktime-7x/

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, November 16, 2012 11:05 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2012 6:23 PM

All replies

• First suggestion would be apply all known hotfixes or upgrade your version.

Other than that I think I'd check the File Exclusion List just in case the reg hive has somehow been put in the list. Does it appear in the virtual registry?

You could try doing an export of the registry or a capture of the install and then export the reg from that. Then apply during the sequence to see if it triggers that.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, May 14, 2012 5:35 PM
  • How are you sequencing QuickTime? During sequencing you'll need to run the Control Panel applet and set FTAs there: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/sequencing-apple-quicktime-7x/

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, November 16, 2012 11:05 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2012 6:23 PM