none
Internet Explorer 11 View downloads RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem on windows 7 32 bit internet explorer 11 in that when I download a file  i.e adobe reader it supplies prompt run save view downloads it does nothing when save clicked or view downloads it does however count percentage if run pressed but then nothing else I am also unable to view downloads via tools in explorer it does nothing when clicked everything else seems fine tried ie fix it, reinstalling and new profile all make no difference what now besides reinstall win 7
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi melhug,

"new profile "
    Do you mean you have tried to logon with a new account?
    Did the issue only occurred with the specific file ( i.e adobe reader )or all the downloaded files?

If the issue only occurred with the specific file, we could try to download from another URL resource to have a check.
    If the issue occurrred with all the files, we could run "sfc /scannow" to check the health of the system files.

How did you reinstall Internet Explorer 11?
    To reinstall the Internet Explorer 11, we could take the following steps to have a check.
    1. Download the right installation package here.
    Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7
    https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=internet+explorer+11
    2.Open an administrator command line and run the following command line to uninstall Internet Explorer 11 completely.
    "FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart"
    3.Restart the machine and then run the installation package.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:14 AM