Sync local mail with Exchange Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Please help me!!!

I have a large file local mail (.ost or .pst) on my PC. And now, I want to use Exchange Server of Microsoft. But I do not know how to sync or push my local mail to Exchange Server.

Thank you!!!

Monday, January 8, 2018 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hi MPhuong,

Do you mean that you want to add those date files from other accounts to your new Exchange account?

For PST files, you can import them to your account directly. After importing, these files will be added to your account OST file and will sync to the Exchange server. Please check the following articles about how to import PST files.

Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file

For OST files, they are a synchronized copy of your mailbox information on your local computer. All your account date are saved in your previous account server. You can add your original account to Outlook client, and then export all items to PST files. After this, import the PST file to your Exchange account to sync all dates to your Exchange Server.

Please refer to the following articles for detailed steps.

Introduction to Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

Add an email account to Outlook

Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file

If you have further concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by MPhuong Duong Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:41 AM
  • Hi MPhuong,

You are welcome.

So glad that my reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by MPhuong Duong Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi MPhuong,

Do you mean that you want to add those date files from other accounts to your new Exchange account?

For PST files, you can import them to your account directly. After importing, these files will be added to your account OST file and will sync to the Exchange server. Please check the following articles about how to import PST files.

Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file

For OST files, they are a synchronized copy of your mailbox information on your local computer. All your account date are saved in your previous account server. You can add your original account to Outlook client, and then export all items to PST files. After this, import the PST file to your Exchange account to sync all dates to your Exchange Server.

Please refer to the following articles for detailed steps.

Introduction to Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

Add an email account to Outlook

Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file

If you have further concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by MPhuong Duong Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:41 AM
  • Hi Perry,

That 's exactly my problem.

Thank you for your supporting. Let me try this way!

Regards,

Phuong

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:57 AM
  • Hi MPhuong,

You are welcome.

So glad that my reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by MPhuong Duong Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:02 AM