none
Best Practices for abandoning and putting a Project on hold in Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What are the best practices to put abandon a Project or to put a Project On Hold in Project Server if in both the cases the resources are required to be freed up and also the the amount of Project Completed should stay as it is (i.e if i want to abandon a project , i may need to store how much of my planned work was completed and how how much investments i may have done till the time when it was abandoned)

Regards,

Atul 

Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Atul,

First thing is to set the remaining work for all assignments to 0. The baseline, supposed to be saved at project initiation will always give you the work as it was initially planned to be. Then you could have a custom field for telling that the project is on hold, so you can filter it out of the project center views.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:39 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for answering my query , I believe the approach you mentioned will free up the resources but will also make the ProjectPercentComplete as 100 which I don't want to do , as I want to preserve the Project Status when it got abandoned or was put on hold.

How can I achieve this?

Regards,

Atul Lal

• Edited by Atul Lal Monday, May 16, 2016 12:43 PM
    Monday, May 16, 2016 12:42 PM