none
Replica is inconsistent on drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So this is a brand new setup of DPM 2016 backing up a Hyper-V VM with Windows Server 2016 on a file level. I want to backup this servers 3 drives containing just file and SQL DBs and logs.

The drive containing the SQL DBs and most of the files have the status of "replica is inconsistent".

I have:

• Installed the DPM protection agent
    • Install windows server backup on the VM
    • Recreated the protection group

But not much else.

I'm also trying to backup the same Hyper-V VM and another VM on a hyper-v level. Same thing here on both servers: "replica is inconsistent".

What am I doing wrong or where should I check to find out? I've never used DPM before.

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

take a closer look at the Error Message, there are more details there.

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by Trana010 Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:30 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

take a closer look at the Error Message, there are more details there.

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by Trana010 Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:30 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:57 AM
  • After some DPM updates the error reporting was greatly improved. But in the end I had to delete the oldest restore points to get new restore points to start being created.
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:31 PM