none
Sharepoint 365 unable to index OCR'ed PDF files from GDPicture SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am using an imaging SDK (GDPicture) to create searchable PDFs from images. The resulting PDF files do have text content as viewed via Adobe Acrobat and other desktop and online apps.

• When I upload these files to Sharepoint 365, it seems that Sharepoint is unable to index these files i.e. I cannot find them using the search function.
    • Strangely, when I upload the same files to OneDrive or GDrive - these same PDFs are indexed correctly, and I am able to search the text within these PDFs.
    • I have performed further tests using other OCR packages like ABBYY and these PDF files are indexed by Sharepoint 365.

Appreciate if someone can throw some light on this issue.

Thanks

WK

Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:03 AM

Answers

• Hi W.Kee,

By design, SharePoint can index pdf files.

What’s the extension of the PDF file? Are they .pdf?

Does this issue occur with other ordinary pdf files?

Please upload such a pdf file in your OneDrive and I will download it to test in my environment.

In the meanwhile, you can post your question to the forum for Office 365: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx.

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to SharePoint Online.

Thanks,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 5, 2015 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi W.Kee,

By design, SharePoint can index pdf files.

What’s the extension of the PDF file? Are they .pdf?

Does this issue occur with other ordinary pdf files?

Please upload such a pdf file in your OneDrive and I will download it to test in my environment.

In the meanwhile, you can post your question to the forum for Office 365: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx.

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to SharePoint Online.

Thanks,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 5, 2015 6:41 AM
  • Any fix on this please, even I have same issue but it is SP 2013 on premises.

Thanks, Ram Ch

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 12:08 PM