none
Assignment Cost includes Fixed Costs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have just been building some reports and have noticed that Fixed Cost values get added up into the Assignment Cost value even if there are no resources assigned to a task.   Is this definitely the case or have I done something wrong?

Steve

Friday, August 5, 2016 2:47 PM

All replies

• There is no field named "Assignment Costs"
    Fixed cost does get added up into the task cost.
    Basically, the task cost is the sum of the resource costs and the fixed cost.

I think you are just seeing the result of everything working as designed to work.

What exactly is the problem?

Are you trying to see only the cost of the resource assignments for the  task?

Have you tried the task usage view?

Friday, August 5, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi Trevor,  I have built a simple Excel report connected to OData from Project Online.  I have pulled down the "AssignmentTimephasedDataSet" and have added the field "AssignmentCost" into the report.  I understand what you are saying and I assume the "AssignmentCost" field is simply the portion of the task cost that belongs to an individual resource.  What is throwing my understanding is that there are fixed cost values coming through into the AssignmentCost field when there are no resources involved.

Rgds

Steve

Friday, August 5, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Steve, I think you are doing this the hard way. I do not know OData or project online.

There is no need to assume anything. Always better to test.

Just set up a fresh task with duration 1 hour, which has only a fixed cost, say $100, and no resources assigned.

Set up another with the same duration, which has one regular work type resource with std rate = $100/hour assigned.

The cost of both tasks should be $100.

Show me a screenshot?

Friday, August 5, 2016 11:32 PM