none
Failure Replication between PDC and Tree domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have two domains in two locations PDC, tree domain
    in case VPN connection stop between two sites the clients in tree domain can't log in or take any reset or create users ( error message the global catalog unavailable ) kindly note that the tree domain  is already global catalog and DNS are installed 
    I try to replication Manually but their error message  RPC SERVER UNAVALIBALE 
    after check <g class="gr_ gr_12 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="12" id="12">port</g> RPC is open in PDC domain but not in tree domain 
    Also SVR Records for GC ( GLOBAL CATALOG ) not found under _tcp in DNS ( tree domain )  

i think the SVR Records for GLOBAL CATALOG between two servers need to rebuilding
    • Edited by Sameh itpro Monday, September 19, 2016 8:41 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Also SVR Records for GC ( GLOBAL CATALOG ) not found under _tcp in DNS ( tree domain )  

i think the SVR Records for GLOBAL CATALOG between two servers need to rebuilding

It sounds reasonable,please update when you finish rebuilding.

In addition,RPC is an intermediate layer between the network transport and the application protocol. RPC itself has no special insight into failures but attempts to map lower layer protocol failures into an error at the RPC layer

RPC error 1722 / 0x6ba / RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE is logged when a lower layer protocol reports a connectivity failure. The common case is that the abstract TCP CONNECT operation failed. In the context of AD replication, the RPC client on the destination DC was not able to successfully connect to the RPC server on the source DC. Common causes for this are:

1. Link local failure
    2. DHCP failure
    3. DNS failure
    4. WINS failure
    5. Routing failure (including blocked ports on firewalls)
    6. IPSec / Network authentication failures
    7. Resource limitations
    8. Higher layer protocol not running
    9. Higher layer protocol is returning this error

REF:Troubleshooting AD Replication error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2102154

Managing Replication Between Sites

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961783.aspx

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Also SVR Records for GC ( GLOBAL CATALOG ) not found under _tcp in DNS ( tree domain )  

It sounds reasonable,please update when you finish rebuilding.

In addition,RPC is an intermediate layer between the network transport and the application protocol. RPC itself has no special insight into failures but attempts to map lower layer protocol failures into an error at the RPC layer

RPC error 1722 / 0x6ba / RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE is logged when a lower layer protocol reports a connectivity failure. The common case is that the abstract TCP CONNECT operation failed. In the context of AD replication, the RPC client on the destination DC was not able to successfully connect to the RPC server on the source DC. Common causes for this are:

1. Link local failure
    2. DHCP failure
    3. DNS failure
    4. WINS failure
    5. Routing failure (including blocked ports on firewalls)
    6. IPSec / Network authentication failures
    7. Resource limitations
    8. Higher layer protocol not running
    9. Higher layer protocol is returning this error

REF:Troubleshooting AD Replication error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2102154

Managing Replication Between Sites

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961783.aspx

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Cartman

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:51 AM