Domain machines will not logon after 30 days RRS feed

• Question

•  

I know that the default machine account change is 30 days.  It is not going to change here--it's part of the baseline security policy (happens above my head).  so even if i change the registry key regarding the 30 day account change on the machine, it still gets overwritten by GPO at startup.  The machines are set to update at 11pm, and shouldn't they be changing the machine account then? 

we are using WSUS.  also our environment is a bit different...we have two domains.  the wsus server is in one domain, while our machine accounts are in the other domain (and the machine is joined to this domain).  i've seen very little documentation regarding using steady state in a domain environment, and having it be successful. 

HELP!!!

-Tim

Friday, August 29, 2008 3:30 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Tim, except SCTsettings.adm, which function of Windows SteadyState are you using on the machine? Also, I'd like to inform you that SteadyState does not recognize domain account and we cannot set restrictions on domain accounts on SteadyState main user interface.  

Monday, September 1, 2008 7:05 AM