Dual VPN issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a serious headache trying to setup two VPN connections from my Windows 10. Basically what I need to do is to connect to the first VPN with Cisco AnyConnect, and then set up a second connection using FortiClient. FortiClient traffic must be routed through the Cisco VPN tunnel.

What happens in Windows 10 is:
    1. Run Cisco AnyConnect, connect to the VPN tunnel.
    2. Run FortiClient, connect to the second VPN.
    3. Both VPNs are dropping connection; Cisco AnyConnect is automatically reconnecting, FortiClient shows that it is connected but don't transfer any data.

When not running concurrently, both VPNs work fine.

What I already tried:
    - rebooting OS,
    - reinstalling FortiClient and Cisco AnyConnect,
    - connecting via SSL and IPSec tunnels in FortiClient.

I can create Hyper-V VM with another instance of Windows 10, but I don't know how to set up the switch and network adapters to support this scenario.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Marcin
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Marcin,

Microsoft have build-in VPN connection, but according to my know, it is not support dual VPN connection at one time. 

However, for third party VPN connection tool, it is also unavailable to achieve dual VPN connection at one time. That configuration will cause IP address obtain chaos and unsteady network connection.

By the way, if we only use Cisco anyconnect as the only one VPN connection, drop network connection is also a normal symptom. Please check your existing Cisco driver and try to update to the latest.  If the issue persists, I recommend to ask for help from the third party software support. They might more familiar with their product and it is also out of our support scope.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:25 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Hi Joy-Qiao,

Thanks for your suggestions. I ended up with Hyper-V VM for the second VPN until I come up with a better solution. I know it is possible to have dual vpn running simultaneously in Linux, so I'm still looking for a way to mimic this behavior in Windows.

Regards,
    Marcin

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:09 PM
  • Hi Marcin,

As I am sure that Microsoft build-in VPN not support dual VPN connection at one time. But I not familiar with the third party software, so I recommend to ask for help from third party software support for more help. May be the other third party software have unthinkable function. 

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 10:23 AM