none
Import archived projects into Project Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I have Project Pro w/ PWA.  we were using Zoho.  How can I import project from Zoho into Project Pro?  I can backup the portal as an xml and also export individual projects as csv.<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• Alice --

I just took a quick look at the Zoho web site, and I do not see any mention of compatibility with Microsoft Project or being able to export a project to Microsoft Project format.  Since you are currently using Zoho, do you see any options for exporting a project to Microsoft Project format?  I am thinking that this would be the only easy way to move your projects from Zoho to Microsoft Project.  Please let us know what you find and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:41 PM
  • Thanks Dale.  I had hopes that since I could import from MS Project I could export to also. I tried to insert a snapshot, but getting error that my account needs to be verified.

Import Microsoft Project Plan
    Import Task

</form>
    Help:
    • You can import sub tasks from your ms project files into Zoho Projects.
    • You cannot import empty tasks and its associated dependencies into Zoho Projects.
    • When independent tasks are imported, then MPP filename will be set as the default tasklist name for such tasks.
    • Notes, percentage completion and priority will be imported from your MPP file. But the constraints of a task will not be imported as Zoho Projects does not currently support this feature.
    • The supported versions are MS Projects 2007, MS Projects 2010 and MPP 2013.

• Edited by AliceDouzier Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:40 PM access form info
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:39 PM
  • Alice -

Hmm.  You might want to contact the Zoho support people about this problem to see if there is a way to export projects in a Microsoft Project format.  Let's hope there is, otherwise you would be in for a lot of manual work!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:25 PM