Internet Explorer stops working when joining a presentation (Lync Web Plug-in) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am using the Lync Web plug-in in IE  for communication with a client. Whenever I paricipant in a presentation, the entire browser stops working, forcing me to stop the process in Task manager. I have already tried to trobleshoot the problem by downgrading IE, resetting settings or by enabling most of the ActiveX controls and plug-ins. Also tried to re-install Lync plug-in but so far no luck. I kindly ask for your support, as it is getting very anyoing for me.. 

My specs:

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (x86), 

Internet Explorer 11

latest system and software updates installed,

Please help

Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you made any change to your system before this problem occurs?  How about disable other adds-on except Lync for test?

On the other hand, we can collect the crash dump to make further analyze with this problem:

You can configure Windows to create user-mode dumps. Create a System Restore Point first.
    If you copy and paste the following in Notepad and save as a .reg file (save with the .reg extension and give it any name such as explorerdump.reg) then right-click the .reg file and select "Merge" to add to the registry, a .dmp file at the time explorer.exe crashes should be created in the C:\CrashDumps folder:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\explorer.exe]
    "DumpFolder"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,43,00,72,00,61,00,73,00,68,00,44,00,75,\
    00,6d,00,70,00,73,00,00,00

After that, upload the dump file to your OneDrive, and post the sharing link here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Friday, June 5, 2015 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, June 10, 2015 1:29 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 2:17 AM