voice recognition in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• can we have voice recognition in SharePoint 2013? like user will say "I approve"

MCTS Sharepoint 2010, MCAD dotnet, MCPDEA, SharePoint Lead

Friday, December 19, 2014 7:08 PM

All replies

• Amit,

SharePoint dont have that feature yet (with best of my knowledge)

please 'Propose as answer' if it help you, also vote this as helpful if you like this reply.

Friday, December 19, 2014 8:49 PM
  • there is system.speech class. can we use it in sharepoint web part to listen to voice commands?

Monday, December 22, 2014 6:30 PM
  • Yes you can but you need to embed that WP in approval page and user need to come to that page to approve it. You may recognise speech but how will you know which workflow user need to approve if there are many. Then user need to open a specific workflow approval page and then speak where I assume your speech recog WP will exist. In my mind click approve button from outlook task assignment email is easier than speech.

My two cents!!

please 'Propose as answer' if it help you, also vote this as helpful if you like this reply.

Monday, December 22, 2014 8:03 PM
  • Thanks Sudip, we already have outlook approval. I will try system.speech.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

Did you resolve this issue? 
    If you found or find some other solution to fix this issue, please post that solution here and mark it as answer.
    So that if others get the same issue, they will be in position to follow our forum threads.
    Please help others.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:16 AM
  • I am still working on this Jason, I will post the reply once I get it right.

Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:26 PM
  • I am still looking for some simple js or jquery for speech on web page.

• Proposed as answer by Krishnan Bala Sunday, May 7, 2017 11:33 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 7:06 PM
  • Hi similar task i have done & working fine for Sharepoint search . it's voice enabled search 
    Sunday, May 7, 2017 11:35 AM
  • Hi Krishanan,

Can you please let me know how you done this voice enabled search ? Any code, webpart? Is it possible to do same in SharePoint Online?

Thanks,

AnurakDish

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 10:41 AM