locked
New windows 2003 domains won't send mail from exchange 2000 errors [0x80004005-00000000-00000000] & MS ExchangeIS Mailbox 1025 RRS feed

  • Question

  • hello everyone
    we have windows domains on 2003 servers and an exchange 2000 on windows 2000 server to facilitate email traffic for these domains. So far we had one domain (2003servers domain1.in) and two subdomains (2003servers sub1.domain1.in and sub2.domain1.in) and everything was working fine.
    The problem occurred recently when we added 2 more domains (trees in the same forest) domain2.in and domain3.in both on windows 2003 servers.
    All users of the new domains can receive mails but can not send getting the following error messages:

    outlook (cached mode)

    NDR
    The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

           on 4/3/2011 12:21 μμ
                This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator.  Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000].

    and a warning message on exchange
    source MS ExchangeIS Mailbox
    eventID: 1025

    An error occurred on database "First storage Group\domain2
    Function name or description of problem EcGenerateNDR: Error 0xfffff9bf

     

    outlook (without cached mode)

    You do not have permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user


    Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks for your time
    Dimitris Zoupas

    Friday, March 4, 2011 11:12 AM

All replies

  • Please run Microsoft Exchange Best Practices Analyzer v2.8 to see if it picks up any errors.
    Jesper Bernle | Blog: http://xchangeserver.wordpress.com
    Friday, March 4, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

     

    What about the symptom if the user sends the message via OWA?

     

    Regarding to the error message, it may occur by corrupted database or OST file. First, I suggest you click Tools option and click “Download Address Book” in Outlook from the problematic client machine, and then send a test email again. If the issue persists, please move on the next steps to check database health.

     

    1. Make an offline copy of the databases and log files, including e00.chk.

    2. The Information Store service must be stopped to run eseutil commands.

    3. Run eseutil /mh (more information to check database consistency.)

     

    Syntax: c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

     

    4. If not consistent, run eseutil /r. Otherwise, go to step 5.

     

    EG: eseutil /r e00 <path to log file directory>

     

    Test whether database can be started. Go to step 5 if it can’t start and be accessed.

     

    5. Run eseutil /p (more information to perform a database repair (hard recovery).

     

    Syntax: c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /p "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

     

    Delete all log and checkpoint files (for the Information Store databases only) after running hard recovery.

     

    6. Run eseutil /d (more information) to perform an offline defrag of the database(s) that were repaired.

     

    NB: There must be 110% (of the size of the database) of free space on the drive where the temporary database will be created.

     

    Syntax: c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /d "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

     

    Set the Exchange Information Store service to automatic and Reboot the server. Try to mount the database. The information Store service must be started, but the stores dismounted, to run isinteg commands.

     

    7. Run isinteg (more information) to fix logical corruption.

     

    NB: Run this command until there are no errors, warnings or fixes reported, or up to a maximum of 3 times.

     

    EG: isinteg -s <servername> -fix -test alltests

     

    What’s the result now?

     

    Thanks.

    Novak


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:33 AM
  • Is it happening to one user only or multiple users.
    Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:51 AM
  • Hello everyone again and thank you for your help,

    unfortunately due to an accident i am bedrriden for the moment. I will follow your suggestions as soon as possible and post back results.

    Thank you all again and i will reply as soon as possible

    Dimitris Zoupas

    Friday, March 11, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Hello once more and sorry for the late response (due to a broken leg).
    Unofrtunately the whole project was scraped, we didn't manage to correct the credential problems beetween the 2 new windows 2003 trees and the 2000 exchange in time, so we recreated the two domains as subdomains of the original tree. 
    Jesper Bernle & Novak Wu thank you for your helpfull sugestions, sorry i didn't get the chance to test it and report back results.
    Dimitris Zoupas
    Monday, June 6, 2011 10:17 AM
  • Let us know if you have anymore issue.

    Stay safe...

    Cheers,


    Gulab | MCITP: Exchange 2010-2007 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.blogspot.com
    Monday, June 6, 2011 2:24 PM