Incidents not refreshed in self-service portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I update an incident (add activity or notes- not marked as private), it not appears on self-service portal.

So how can users track the status of the incidents?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

That is correct. In the first version of the self service portal the user cant update the incident from the portal. There are a partner portal that can do it.

Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

my problem is when i add an activity or notes, the user can't see these modification...

Which partner portal do you mean?

Regards,

Juniper

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:29 AM
  • When you add notes in the Action Log in the Console, those notes that are not Private show up in the Portal. If you click on the incident, you should see "Action logs" and below that are the comments.

Are you not seeing anything under Action Log area in the incident on the Portal?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:05 PM
  • Hello,

It is tricky, I cant see Action Log on the portal.

Here is the screenshot: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/100924/sm01_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Regards,

Juniper

Friday, September 24, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Have you applied the CumulativeUpdate3?

Also, please try a different view and let me know if you still don't see anything. From the Home page, click "View All" next to My recent requests. Select the incident and you'll get some details below. Do the Action logs show there?

Friday, September 24, 2010 9:44 PM
  • Hello,

yes CU3 is installed.

From View all, I can see the Action log. But why can't see from Recent request view? Will it be fixed?

Regards,

Juniper

Monday, September 27, 2010 7:38 AM
  • Hi, try to close incidents created before CU3. Try to create the new and then modify Action log and refresh Self Portal.

On SelfPortal, dont opet incident directly but open "View All", there you can see action log comment.

Jan

• Edited by Jan Matejka Monday, September 27, 2010 2:56 PM change
    Monday, September 27, 2010 2:47 PM
  • Yes, this will be fixed in SP1
    Monday, September 27, 2010 6:40 PM