none
How to add Intel chipset drivers to MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I've added the Lenovo SCCM driver package to MDT 2013 Update 1.

We've pushed out a build and all is fine and drivers are installed from DriverGroup001 except for the Intel Chipset drivers which are missing.

Lenovo SSCM driver package readme advises "Intel AMT driver, Intel Chipset, Intel Thunderbolt driver, Lenovo Monitor driver are not included in this package because .inf installation is not supported."

We installed the Intel Chipset drivers using .exe downloaded from Lenovo but how do I add the chipset driver to MDT "Out-of-Box Drivers"?

I've extracted the .exe which contains a setup.exe but if I extract that there are no .inf files.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi

I run the Intel Chipset driver as an application with a WMI filter on for the hardware. And it works.

Kind regards

Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:00 PM
  • Per Larsen is correct, there are some drivers that will not be installed via PnP detection. For those drivers you need to add the installer as an application to your task sequence, but by applying a wmi query for the specific models that use it, it won't be run on other machines.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:34 PM
  • Thanks, I'll look into WMI query, ta.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:00 PM

• Thanks, I'll look into WMI query, ta.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Im using DPInst to push in some drivers in Windows 7.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544842(v=vs.85).aspx

Dont know if that helps you.

Best regards

Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:44 AM
  • I don't think it does as the Intel drivers I need installed by the intel chipset update utlity appear not to be driver drivers but meerly .inf files which supply the names for the components missing in Device Manager.

Thanks though, will make a note of DPInst.
    Monday, February 1, 2016 2:32 PM