none
Change from DB view to TABLE RRS feed

• Question

• Experts,

Can I change from Database view to Database table in SQL Server MA?

Currently I am connecting to DB view All_users. I am thinking of table instead of view.
    Can I just drop the view and create table with same name hoping nothing will happen to management agent.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Mann

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• That should work fine, as long as table and view names are the same and the table and view structures are the same the MA won't care.  You may need to refresh the MA schema but far as I remember you don't even have to do that unless you are bringing in new attributes.  I'd suggest renaming the view rather than dropping it.  You can then always drop the table and re-instate it quite easily that way if you run into any issue to bring you back to your starting point.  Also allows you to do a few queries to check the view and table have same no of rows, etc... before you fire up the MA.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:01 PM
  • As long as the new table has the same design such as fields as the view you should be good.  I would refresh the MA schema just to be safe.  Otherwise everything should match up fine.  Just remember to try this out in dev before doing it in prod.

If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click Propose as answer

• Proposed as answer by Scott M Eastin Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:53 PM
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Thankyou both!

I will try this in Dev and will share the result.

Thanks,

Mann

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:17 PM