How did Windows Live Family Safety get installed without me doing so myself?! RRS feed

• Question

• I am the only person that uses this computer.
    I woke up one day to find that Windows Live Family Safety was installed.  The files/directory in c:\windows\live were created and about 15-18horus later I got an email to my hotmail account saying "welcome to windows family safety", giving me details of where to download it and register.
    I didn't ever download windows live family safety ...i was browsing the internet at the time the timestamps say the directory was created.

how is this possible?

is there a windows update recently that automaticlaly instals this? I heard OneCare might do this automatically ...but i dont see any mention of onecare in the windowsupdates list.

i need to know if somebody has done this on my computer as a joke or not.  nobody has had physical access unless they broke into my room without my consent.

please somebody tell me if i can find out if windows did this automatically somehow.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, May 11, 2009 3:20 PM Moved to correct category. (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 11:58 AM