AppV 5.0: Issue in Launching the shortcut in User RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have sequenced an application using appv 5.0. After installation when is install the application in admin it works fine there. But when i launch the application in user it gave error. I checked the property of the shortcut which shows that the shortcut is pointing towards "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AppV\Client\VFS\......." so that's why it was working fine in admin and not in user. So now i have changed the property of the shortcut to "C:\programdata\App-V\2489F3C6-2244-4DA3-B9A8-208BFBAB3FEF\D1A3950F-7EB9-4554-8A6E-15D8267D8E2B\..........." which is again working fine in admin but fails in user. Can anyone have any solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Surender Gousain

Friday, January 11, 2013 12:23 PM

Answers

• You've published the application to the administrator user only. If you want to allow all users to access the application, then publish globally or ensure you are publishing to all users.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:43 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Without you actually sharing the error, some basic information on what you have done to get to this point and what you are attempting todo... how can anyone help you?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, January 11, 2013 1:47 PM
  • @znack

While launching the application in user i'm getting a error stating------

The application requested cannot be launched. Check your network connection and try again.

Error Code: 4746866592195805224

In admin the application is working fine but in user i'm getting the above mentioned error.

Surender Gousain

Friday, January 11, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Hello,

See this article to troubleshoot;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2615139

As I have no knowledge of how you setup your environment - following that article would be a good idea. Incase it still fails - providing all findings would be a way forward.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, January 11, 2013 2:31 PM
  • You've published the application to the administrator user only. If you want to allow all users to access the application, then publish globally or ensure you are publishing to all users.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:43 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Thanks every one for your response. The issue is resolved now.

Surender Gousain

Monday, January 14, 2013 9:38 AM