none
Windows Updater Not Installing and Troubleshooter Wizard Is Not Working???

Question

•  I am in need help desperately!

I have tried to install the Windows 7 latest update since late October 2014 and every time that I have tried it has failed, this is messing with certain programs to either not run such as my Troubleshooter, leaving me unable to fix the issue, and making my computer to run poorly as well as when I am on Firefox unable to load pages, do downloads, watch movies & TV, or watch videos on You Tube without having to move the mouse around to keep it running and just freeze the picture on the You Tube and Xfinity but the sound keeps playing though. I am unable to run the Troubleshooter Wizard at all; gives me an error code  0x80131018. I have gone to the forums to find a solution I tried everything possible. Such as trying to do all the maintenance; disc clean ups, compressing files to save on space, checking the disc drives for errors, defragmenting the drives, try to use the Fix It (MicrosoftFixit.malware.RNP.1343648269423620.1.1.Run,  as well as: MicrosoftFixit.ProgramInstallUninstall.RNP.1343648269423620.2.1.Run,  as well as:  MicrosoftFixit.wu.FISC.1341772369343897.1.1.Run,   and:  MicrosoftFixit50123) all the these would not help.

I also tried to run what information I received from viewing options from the Error Code 0x80131018 and all the HP Support Assistant and Windows Help and Support. These are some of them;  SCUDownloader,  Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64,   HPSupportSolutionsFramework-en-11.51.0048,   HPSupportSolutionsFramework-11.51.0048,   HP CoolSense Technology - sp65424,   HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) - sp55068,   HP Power Manager Utility Software - sp55151,   HP On-Screen Display Utility - sp55152,   HP System Diagnostics UEFI - sp52407, and    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver - sp55101. All these with running the maintenance,  I also installed Boost, also ran the scans through my Norton Security, and so much more to try and fix this problem, I just can't remember everything that I tried I have been working so hard at solving this problem since of the effect of how this Windows Updater failing at updating and Troubleshooter not working to leaving me unable to find and fix these issues.

I am a Graphic Design Artist and I am pretty computer savvy but I am at a loss on this . If anyone has any advise on these issues please help me ASAP, I use my HP everyday and it is important for me to have it for work purposes, concepts and so much more. My Mother got this computer for me when I graduated from college in 2012 for my graduation gift so I can do what I do.

Thank you so much for your help in trying to get this resolved without having to take it into somewhere and pay $$ that I do not have.

• Edited by Tanishalaursen Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:00 PM Windows Update Failing to Install and Troubleshooter Not Working; error code 0x80131018, Path: C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\PCW, Context: Restricted. Do No Understand What Else To Do???
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:28 PM

All replies

• this isn't group policy related - its the wrong forum. why don't you try a system restore
    • Proposed as answer by AlexAdkin Friday, January 30, 2015 12:23 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:41 PM
  • Already tried a system restore; sorry that this isn't group policy related just really need help with this problem this computer is my livelihood.

Tanisha Laursen

Friday, January 30, 2015 7:39 PM
  • Sounds potentially virus related . Try malwarebytes failing that id format and reinstall
    Friday, January 30, 2015 10:01 PM
  • I recently had a similar problem - Windows 7 Ultimate. Apart from updates not installing and troubleshooters not running I started getting crashes and BSOD's

I checked that my Cryptographic services was set to auto (it was)

Press the 'Windows key" and and key "R" together   to launch the  RUN  box. Type services.msc in the box and press Enter. It'll open Services Manager.

Scroll down to  "Cryptographic Services" in the list. It should be set to Auto ( mine was)

I then checked my Windows updates to see when the problem started

Taking the bull by the horns I deleted the last 20 updates installed.

I restarted the computer and was amazed to find the troubleshooters working ok

I downloaded the Windows updates and installed them 5 at a time checking the troubleshooter after each batch. Everything was ok .

I can only assume the troublesome update was not re-offered or the one that installed itself was corrupt.

Friday, March 13, 2015 10:07 AM