none
Selected emails aren't deleted when clicking on the delete button

Question

• This is more of a nuisance but when I select multiple emails by clicking the first email at the top and then scrolling down to another email and when I hold down the shift button and then click the last email it successfully selects all the emails that I want selected. The problem is when I then hit the delete button the view shifts so that I'm now on the next email down (not selected). 

If I then scroll up, all the emails that I had selected and thought had been deleted are not in fact deleted. They are all still there, just not selected anymore. 

This is an intermittent problem. I do notice that as long as I scroll back up to the top before hitting delete, it will delete the selected emails. It only happens when I remain at the bottom selected email and then when I hit delete it doesn't actually delete the selected emails. 

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your account type connected in Outlook, IMAP, POP or Exchange connection? What's your detailed Outlook version? Please click File > Account > About Outlook to check the detailed version number.

I notice that the issue occurred intermittently in Outlook. It would be hard to reproduce the issue and find out the root cause. I suggest we can start with the Outlook safe mode: Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter. Test to confirm if the issue can be reproduced in safe mode.

If there is no issue in safe mode, we can go to File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, click GO. Uncheck to disable all add-ins. Restart Outlook to confirm if the issue can be fixed.

If you are using POP3 account, please try to switch folders after you deleted multiple emails then switch back to confirm if the items are deleted successfully. 

Any new updates in your side, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

8 hours 46 minutes ago