Pins and unpins the Lync sharing bar activation RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

When a user login into Lync\SFB client into the Remotely connected machine and share desktop, I have observed that Pins and unpins the Lync sharing bar become unresponsive.When you move your cursor on the Blue icon it shows as "Pinned" but does not react when you click on that.

Is it default behavior ? is there any way to make it active ?

-DJ

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hi DJ,

Based on my confirmation, it's actually by design behavior that we cannot unpin the desktop sharing bar in VDI/remote desktop.

The APP sharing bar is hard to get back as we cannot move it easily, and it's hard to rediscover as the mstsc drop down is up there too.

Best Regards,
    Jessie Yuan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 8, 2016 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi

Please can you clarify your scenario. Are you first RDP'ing to a remote computer and then signing in to the Lync client, then using that Lync client to share desktop?

Or are you using your own workstation?

If the first scenario, it is not strictly normal to do this and you may experience issues with passing through RDP layers. 

The Pin icon (assuming the one at the top of the screen in the control bar) should move to a horizontal position when you want the control bar to disappear and vertical when pinned to the screen. The default is pinned.

If this is not working for you then it will not be a server side issue, more likely to be a client issue. 90% this will be down to the client workstation hardware, drivers, firmware, software versions. Please start by updating the Lync client to the latest update including all Office updates that goes with.

Then update your graphics and pointer drivers these two will be the most likely candidates

Patch your OS to the latest level

Update all your drivers and firmware from the manufacturer's support download catalog

If this does not work, try clearing your Lync user profile, then try clearing your windows profile

More than likely one or a combination of these will fix your issue

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:07 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, I am first RDP to a remote computer and then signing in to the Lync client, then using that Lync client to share desktop.

-DJ

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Yeah in that case not sure how I can help as the situation is bespoke to you and not supported. attempt the suggestions I made, other than that I will leave it for others to suggest.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:27 PM
  • Hi DJ,

Based on my confirmation, it's actually by design behavior that we cannot unpin the desktop sharing bar in VDI/remote desktop.

The APP sharing bar is hard to get back as we cannot move it easily, and it's hard to rediscover as the mstsc drop down is up there too.

Best Regards,
    Jessie Yuan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 8, 2016 1:04 PM