Outlook 2016 Can't Access Contacts in Public Folders when Message Created by Acrobat RRS feed

• Question

• My client uses the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader to open scanned files, then uses the 'Share' option in Acrobat to create a new message in Outlook with the PDF as an attachment. The user accesses an address book save in Public Folders to address the new message.  This worked fine for the last few years until last week when Outlook started through an error when selecting the address book:

The address list cannot be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.

Outlook can't access any address book, including the offline address book, when the message has been created by Acrobat.  If a new message is created manually in Outlook all address books are available with no errors.  I've tried the registry edits related to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover\ but this made no difference.  I've repaired Office, uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat, etc. with no change.  Can anyone give me some insight on this?  The client is using Office 365 with Hosted Exchange.

Thanks,
    Joe

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

>> This worked fine for the last few years until last week when Outlook started through an error when selecting the address book.
    Have you made any changes to Outlook or Windows before this problem occurred? Please also try sending emails from other application, such as Word, Snipping Tool, to see if same issue occurs.

When sending emails from Adobe Acrobat Reader, do you have Outlook running? 

Besides, there are some suggestions for you:

1.  Rename OAB folder in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and then restart Outlook)

2.  Create a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail and see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi Joe,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 13, 2019 8:54 AM