Replaced Core 2 Dou with Core 2 Quad, Vista x64 BS RRS feed

• Question

• I don't now why but at random i get blue screen when WMI crashs, I just got a new Quad Core CPU installed with 8GB of ram. I get the following error in WMI Error Log

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Anyone have a work around or do I need to reinstall vista
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:39 PM

Answers

• Hi

The event information you posted is likely not the cause of the BSOD. It  is actually a non-event and is a known bug in Vista. See the following article for the description and fix.

Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375

What will help in troubleshooting the BSOD is information from the blue screen itself.

See the following website for an image and description of the important parts of a typical blue screen. The information in the sections with the red outline can be helpful.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/rvmv/BSODDetails.jpg

*NOTE: If the blue screen disappears too fast to write down the information, perform the following.

• Open Control Panel, on the Tasks menu, select the Classic View.
    • Double click System, select the Advanced System Settings on the Tasks menu.
    • In the Startup and Recovery section, click the Settings button.
    • Finally, under System Failure, remove the check mark from Automatically Restart option.

This will allow the bsod to stay on the screen until you manually shut the system down.

In addition, open Problem Reports and Solutions in Control Panel.

Select View Problem History in the Tasks Pane.

Look in the Windows section for Shutdown Unexpectedly in the Problem Column that corresponds to the date and time that the BSOD appeared. Double click that error to see the details. At the bottom of the details window, click the Copy to clipboard button and paste the results, along with the other information,  in a reply to this thread. 

Let us know what you find.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Thursday, December 25, 2008 12:48 AM

All replies

• Hi

The event information you posted is likely not the cause of the BSOD. It  is actually a non-event and is a known bug in Vista. See the following article for the description and fix.

Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375

What will help in troubleshooting the BSOD is information from the blue screen itself.

See the following website for an image and description of the important parts of a typical blue screen. The information in the sections with the red outline can be helpful.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/rvmv/BSODDetails.jpg

*NOTE: If the blue screen disappears too fast to write down the information, perform the following.

• Open Control Panel, on the Tasks menu, select the Classic View.
    • Double click System, select the Advanced System Settings on the Tasks menu.
    • In the Startup and Recovery section, click the Settings button.
    • Finally, under System Failure, remove the check mark from Automatically Restart option.

This will allow the bsod to stay on the screen until you manually shut the system down.

In addition, open Problem Reports and Solutions in Control Panel.

Select View Problem History in the Tasks Pane.

Look in the Windows section for Shutdown Unexpectedly in the Problem Column that corresponds to the date and time that the BSOD appeared. Double click that error to see the details. At the bottom of the details window, click the Copy to clipboard button and paste the results, along with the other information,  in a reply to this thread. 

Let us know what you find.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Thursday, December 25, 2008 12:48 AM
  • Product
    Windows

Problem
    Shut down unexpectedly

Date
    12/19/2008 9:24 PM

Status
    Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
    OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID:    1033

Files that help describe the problem
    Mini121908-01.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
    BCCode:    a
    BCP1:    FFFFFA808BEFEBE0
    BCP2:    000000000000000C
    BCP3:    0000000000000000
    BCP4:    FFFFF8000207ECEC
    OS Version:    6_0_6001
    Service Pack:    1_0
    Product:    256_1

Thursday, December 25, 2008 1:23 AM
  • I just tested the script, it come back access denied, any other ideas??
    Monday, December 29, 2008 12:02 AM