none
Approval Center - PWA 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  We are currently using Project Server 2010 and I was wondering if there was a way to prevent tasks with zero (0) actual hours from being submitted when resources submit their weekly update.  

We are using SEM and when resources submit their task updates and it contains tasks with zero hours of actuals, it creates unnecessary work for the Status Managers.

Any thoughts on how to restrict this?  Is there a setting that can be used?

Thanks.

Daniel

Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hey there Daniel,

I don't know if it helps, but since SP1 you can set auto-approval for task status updates.

Using the rule configuration I would imagine you could set up a rule to automatically approve all status update for zero actual hours.

I won't spell out the details because Ben Howard has a great blog post about it here.

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

Friday, March 20, 2015 3:54 AM
  • Thank you James.  I will give it a try and see what happens.

r/

Danny

Friday, March 20, 2015 1:45 PM
  • Hi.  The rules did not do it.  The out of the box version works perfectly,  but when we customized PS to our organizational needs, the behavior changed.  I have looked at the settings and I cannot trace any changes that should have changed the task update submission.  

All of the resource task updates are still coming in, regardless if actual work was submitted against that task.

Actual 9h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h
    Actual 0h

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:27 PM
  • I think we have it narrowed down to the addition of custom fields to both My Work and My Timesheet.  Is there a way to use the custom fields w/o every task being sent to the Status Manager?
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:23 PM
  • You would have to write a custom event handler to manage this.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:47 PM