none
Project Permissions no longer hiding "Archived" or "Secret" projects RRS feed

• Question

• In the past, we would create a category called "Archived" or "Secret" projects, to which we would deny all Project Permissions.

When a Deny permission was matched with an Allow permission, i.e. "Open Project" coming from My Projects and Deny "Open Project" coming from Archived, Project Online would deny the access and with "View Project in Project Center", would remove the visibility of the project.

In the last 48h something changed and no longer are the projects hidden.

Anyone with the same issue?

If you think this was valuable please mark my reply as a valid answer. Thanks. Kind Regards, João Frederico Neto --

Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:11 PM

All replies

• Joao --

This sounds like a bug to me, which was probably introduced in the last update to Project Online.  I would strongly recommend you open an incident with Microsoft Support to get this resolved as quickly as possible.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:21 PM
  • Joao, we are experiencing the same issue. As Dale said - open a ticket at Microsoft.

Best regards,

Julian, PMP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE

Blog: https://project-brain.com

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, October 6, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Dear Julian, we've discovered that if we select the Project Centre Views as part of the Security Category, it starts filtering.

Because we were also seeing the Project in Project Professional via File Open, from Server, we'll have to test if this is just View camouflage, or if actually starts applying the security.

Many thanks for your input, I'm opening an incident with Microsoft.

If you think this was valuable please mark my reply as a valid answer. Thanks. Kind Regards, João Frederico Neto --

Monday, October 9, 2017 7:30 AM
  • You're able to hide projects from the Pro in File: Open? (or at least used to be able to?) Awesome! I hope you'll share how you applied that once it starts working again for you.

Ian

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:58 PM