Auto set calendar permission for Organization to "Can view titles and locations"? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to set everyone's calendar permission for the "My Organization" to always be "Can View titles and locations"? New accounts are defaulted to the "Can view when i'm busy" and it would nice if I didn't always have to manually change it when setting up new accounts.

Friday, February 15, 2019 2:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can do it by using PowerShell.

You may get tips how you can do it by following the next link.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/automatic-calendar-sharing/f54bd121-7933-4b85-bfc9-5a1804f5eb35

• Marked as answer by wlampert Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:18 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2019 6:15 PM
  • Hi wlampert,

Kujala has provided an useful reference example. We can use the following script in Exchange online powershell to change everyone's calendar permission to "Can view titles and locations" (LimitedDetails):

$calendars = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails UserMailbox | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | ? {$_.FolderType -eq "Calendar"} | select @{n="Identity"; e={$_.Identity.Replace("\",":\")}}
    $calendars | % {Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity $_.Identity -User Default -AccessRights LimitedDetails}

I have also tested in my lab, it works as expected, as below:

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:50 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Hi wlampert,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 25, 2019 3:01 AM